It’s not about the healthiest foods and diets one needs to follow to lead a healthy lifestyle. When you consistently eat certain foods everyday it naturally keeps your body healthy.
Improving your diet can seem like a lofty goal for many people because it requires a rigid and disciplined mind with conscious eating habits. But it doesn’t really have to be that way. When you are dedicated to consuming superfoods that naturally boost your health, it helps create a transformation within your everyday life.
Here are the top 7 foods to include in your diet,
A handful of almonds or 5 almonds per day can be one of the best foods to eat in the morning. You can eat soaked almonds or roasted almonds as a snack in the evening too. Roasted almond powder can work as a great add-on to milkshakes, smoothies and juices.
- Almonds are a great source of vitamin E, protein, fat manganese and magnesium.
- Almonds have powerful antioxidants that help protect against oxidative stress, inflammation and aging.
- They are nutrient-rich and help in boosting brain functioning and memory.
Eating three dates everyday will help you get the sufficient nutrition for the day. You can eat seedless dates or use it as a natural sweetener in smoothies, milk shakes and juices.
- Dates are high in calories, vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
- They help in managing weight, reduce cholesterol, fight against oxidative stress and in strengthening bone health.
- It is an excellent source of vitamin c, vitamin d, choline, vitamin b, copper, selenium and magnesium.
- Dates are an excellent food for females during irregular periods, pregnancy, menopause and postmenopausal period.
Coconut is one of the most important foods you need to eat everyday for overall well being. You can take coconut in various forms such as coconut oil, desiccated coconut, unsweetened coconut meat, coconut sugar, tender coconut water, coconut flour and coconut milk. Take 2 tablespoons of coconut regularly for potential health benefits.
- Coconut is highly nutritious as it contains proteins, minerals, and small amounts of b vitamins.
- It is rich in manganese, selenium magnesium, Phosphorus, potassium, copper and iron.
- Coconut is beneficial for reducing belly fat and decreasing the risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
- It helps keep skin soft and supple.
Eating fermented products everyday will help keep your gut and immune system healthy. You can eat plain yoghurt, Greek yoghurt, sweetened yoghurt and fruit yoghurt. Yogurt can be used as a thickener in smoothies, juices and oatmeal.
- Yogurt is an excellent source of calcium, protein and probiotics which help in promoting bone health, digestion and metabolism.
- It contains calcium, vitamin b6, b12, riboflavin, potassium, and magnesium.
- It is best to stick to homemade yoghurt and unsweetened products than yogurt-flavored products as it contains sugars.
Moringa is a superfood that is rich in healthy antioxidants and bioactive plant compounds. You can include moringa in the form of leaves or in the powdered form everyday in your diet to get the essential nutrients and vitamins. Add 1 teaspoon of moringa powder to any dish you’re cooking to incorporate its benefits. Take moringa leaf capsules regularly as dietary supplements.
- Moringa is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B6, vitamin C, iron, vitamin A, and magnesium.
- It helps in fighting against free radicals that may cause oxidative stress leading to chronic heart diseases inflammation and other lifestyle diseases.
- It helps in lowering blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Eggs are one of the versatile, highly nutritious superfoods. Eating one or two eggs everyday will help you get the required amount of protein and healthy fats in your body. It is best to consume boiled eggs regularly in your diet. You can also include eggs in various ways such as poached, steamed, scrambled, baked and stir fried.
- Eggs are an excellent source of Omega-3-fatty acids, vitamin A, folate, vitamin B5, vitamin B12, vitamin B2, Phosphorus and selenium.
- It contains choline, an important nutrient that helps in brain functioning. It also contains lutein and zeaxanthin which are antioxidants benefiting eye health.
Dark chocolate is one of the best foods to eat everyday as it is loaded with nutrients and can positively affect your health in numerous ways. You can eat one piece of dark chocolate as a dessert or after your meals.
- Dark chocolate is loaded with fiber, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, potassium, zinc, and selenium.
- It is rich in saturated and unsaturated fatty acids that help in adding good cholesterol in your body.
- Dark chocolate contains polyphenols, flavonoids, catechins and other antioxidants that help in boosting immunity in the body.
- It also helps in improving blood flow, lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of heart diseases.