Looking for a simple and healthy 3-day meal prep? The following recipes will have you covered for 3 days of meal prepping ideas that you can try out for the week ahead. This includes breakfast, lunch and dinner for the three days. Most of these recipes are freezer-friendly too.
Meal Prep Ingredients:
Vegetables: Capsicum, onion, carrot, peas, tomatoes, brinjal, green chili, coriander leaves, curry leaves, ginger, garlic,
Fruits: Banana, apple
Dairy: Milk, Paneer, Yogurt
Nuts: Cashews, almonds, chia seeds, walnuts
Staples: Oatmeal, Rice, wheat flour, chickpeas canned, corn flour, rice flour
Spices: Chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala, salt, ketchup, pepper, sugar, tamarind paste
Ready-Made: orange marmalade, bread, bread rolls, peanut butter, idly batter, idly podi, tamarind rice paste, marinara sauce
(Note: I made marmalade, idly batter, idly podi, tamarind rice paste and marinara sauce from scratch, you can skip this step by buying them from the market)
Meal Prep Procedure:
- Steam cook rice for tamarind rice and steamed rice.
- Drain chickpeas and pulse it into a paste by adding a tablespoon of corn flour, rice flour, 1 tsp of chili powder, pepper, salt and cumin powder. Add chopped onions, green chili and coriander to the paste, make into balls and keep aside.
- Chop onion and capsicum into cubes for paneer tikka.
- Marinate paneer, capsicum and onion cubes with yogurt, chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala, salt for 30 minutes.
- Make wheat flour, salt and water into a dough. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Chop onions and tomatoes for brinjal curry and tomato soup separately.
- Make onion into a fine paste and tomatoes into a puree. Fry the onion paste first in a pan with ¼ cup oil until brown. Add the pureed tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of salt, turmeric powder and chili powder. Cook until the oil separates. Use this paste for brinjal curry, mix veg curry and freeze the rest.
- Split brinjals in the center like a floret and stuff the onion tomato paste.
- Add oatmeal in a box. Add peanut butter, chia seeds, bananas, apple, cashews, almonds and walnuts.
- Mix 1 tsp tamarind paste, two chopped tomatoes, coriander leaves, curry leaves, green chili, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp pepper powder and 11/2 tsp salt in 3 glasses of water.
- Chop onions, capsicum, carrots, green beans, capsicum for mix veg curry or just use frozen vegetables (Optional).
If you are interested in only meal prepping for the week, you can do these steps and put the prepared ingredients in separate containers. Store them in the top shelf of the fridge and cook according to your convenience.
If you want to store cooked food for 3 days, then follow the steps below,
Breakfast: Podi Idly
Lunch: Tamarind Rice with Falafel
Dinner: Falafel Sliders
- Steam idly, apply ghee and idly podi on top of them. Store them in a box.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ready-made tamarind rice paste, fry for a minute. Add the steamed rice, mix well. Cool and store in a box.
- Deep fry falafels until golden brown. Toast bread rolls on a pan. Spread marinara sauce on both sides, stuff the falafel, add cheese (optional) and enjoy the sliders.
Breakfast: Orange Marmalade on Bread Toast
Lunch: Paneer Tikka Wrap
Dinner: Tomato Soup with Bread Rolls
- Toast bread and cool it down. Spread orange marmalade and toss it into a box.
- Toss the marinated paneer cubes on a pan and grill for 5 minutes. Cool and store them in a box.
- Make chapati for paneer tikka wrap and mix veg curry dinner and store them in a box. Make wraps when you eat. You can add mayo and ketchup as sides.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add bay leaf, chopped garlic, onion and tomatoes, cashew nuts and fry until done. Puree them. Sieve and transfer the puree into the pan. Add required salt, sugar, pepper and cook for 10 minutes. Cool and store in a box. Serve with bread rolls.
Breakfast: Overnight Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Lunch: Steamed Rice, Stuffed Brinjal Curry and Rasam
Dinner: Chapati with Mix Veg Curry
- Pour in milk into the oatmeal a night before you eat them as breakfast.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the stuffed brinjal and fry for 10 minutes. Add onion and tomato paste if you need extra gravy. Cook for another 10 minutes. Cool and store in a box.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the tamarind Rasam mixture. Cook for 15 minutes. Cool and store in a box.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mix vegetables, onion and tomato paste and cook for 15 minutes. Adjust the seasoning. Serve with chapati.
Store the meal boxes on the top shelf of the refrigerator at optimum temperature. You can freeze soup, chapati and onion tomato gravy if needed.